DUAL Asset Insurance Options
22nd October 2021
DUAL Asset has insured over $500bn worth of real estate, renewable energy, company and infrastructure assets in more than 50 countries, since we set out to flip the title market on its head in 2013.
Our mission is to provide insurance products that help buyers, sellers and developers of assets to manage risk. We provide a suite of insurance OPTIONS to manage risks and unlock transactions, investment and finance globally.
OPTIONS for M&A:
- Fundamental Top Up. We provide a simple “follow form” policy that mirrors the terms negotiated in your Warranty and Indemnity policy. We can provide limits of up to £1bn.
- Title to Shares and Title to Property insurance. Standalone insurance policy that provides you with full ownership, capacity and use cover across your purchase. With 26 insured events across the policy, it is the most comprehensive insurance package available and captures identified risks. We cover the gaps left behind by other transactional risk insurance products.
- Specific Risk Cover: Tailor made insurance solutions for identified and “live” risks that block the transaction. Identified risks relating to permits, easements, boundaries, ownership, encumbrances, boundary disputes and other identified issues that prevent the ongoing use of the property can all be covered by this product
- Loan Portfolios: We provide a comprehensive lender’s policy that provides cover in relation to the warranties provided by the seller in relation to the ownership, capacity and enforcement of the loans being sold.
OPTIONS for Property Development and Finance
We have an array of specific risk OPTIONS (known as Legal Indemnity Insurance in the UK) that unlock finance/investment and allow developments of real estate, renewable energy and infrastructure projects to continue.
Our insurance is designed to provide investors and lenders with indemnity for identified potential third party challenges that threaten the ongoing use of the asset. These identified risks stop finance/investment and we provide a solution to give comfort to the investors and lenders that, if the worst should happen, they will be protected. Examples of what we cover:
- Known boundary encroachments
- Lease forfeiture risks
- Existing planning breaches
- Lack of access rights
- Building regulations breaches
- Known breaches of restrictive covenants
- Defective historical share buy-backs
- Unable to verify chain of title
- Transactions at undervalue
- Technical legal risk affecting legal existence companies
- Known third party rights
- Share capital discrepancies
- Missing shareholders
- Historical third party rights – lack of evidence of dischange/termination
- Historical third party consents – obtained?