Market leading title insurance solutions to facilitate your transactions
13th December 2021
DUAL Asset in Ireland provides comprehensive insurance solutions to help Real Estate, Share and Asset transactions close swiftly and securely.
Our mission is to provide insurance products that help buyers, sellers and developers of assets to manage risk. We provide a suite of insurance OPTIONS to manage risks and unlock transactions, investment and finance globally.
Having insured over $500bn worth of real estate, renewable energy, company and infrastructure assets in 48 countries worldwide, DUAL Asset are here to help. With one of the largest capacities in the asset underwriting market and ‘A’ rated insurers, we provide bespoke policy wording to suit your clients.
OPTIONS for M&A:
- Fundamental Top Up. We provide a simple “follow form” policy that mirrors the terms negotiated in your Warranty and Indemnity policy. We can provide limits of up to £1bn.
- Title to Shares and Title to Property insurance. Standalone insurance policy that provides you with full ownership, capacity and use cover across your purchase. With 26 insured events across the policy, it is the most comprehensive insurance package available and captures identified risks. We cover the gaps left behind by other transactional risk insurance products.
- Specific Risk Cover: Tailor made insurance solutions for identified and “live” risks that block the transaction. Identified risks relating to permits, easements, boundaries, ownership, encumbrances, boundary disputes and other identified issues that prevent the ongoing use of the property can all be covered by this product
- Loan Portfolios: We provide a comprehensive lender’s policy that provides cover in relation to the warranties provided by the seller in relation to the ownership, capacity and enforcement of the loans being sold.
OPTIONS for Property Development and Finance
We have an array of specific risk OPTIONS (also known as Legal Indemnity Insurance that unlock finance/investment and allow developments of real estate, renewable energy and infrastructure projects to continue.
Our insurance is designed to provide investors and lenders with indemnity for identified potential third party challenges that threaten the ongoing use of the asset. These identified risks stop finance/investment and we provide a solution to give comfort to the investors and lenders that, if the worst should happen, they will be protected. Examples of what we cover:
- Known boundary encroachments
- Lease forfeiture risks
- Existing planning breaches
- Lack of access rights
- Building regulations breaches
- Known breaches of restrictive covenants
- Defective historical share buy-backs
- Unable to verify chain of title
- Transactions at undervalue
- Technical legal risk affecting legal existence companies
- Known third party rights
- Share capital discrepancies
- Missing shareholders
- Historical third party rights – lack of evidence of dischange/termination
- Historical third party consents – obtained?
About DUAL Asset
DUAL Asset was formed in 2013 by a group of likeminded, innovative professionals to pioneer changes and improve the way the traditional legal indemnity and title insurance market worked. The team includes insurance professionals, property experts and qualified lawyers to ensure we provide the best possible solutions and service to our clients. Paul McGennis leads the DUAL Asset team in Ireland and brings over 30 years’ experience as a lawyer in Ireland in the Real Estate/Banking sectors. Working alongside Paul is Sarah Gateaud-Manase, a law graduate and experienced underwriter.